- Use reclaimed materials if you have a source
- Build smaller?
- Look into alternatives, or reprocessed 'lumber'
- Concrete manufacture produces about 5 percent of CO2 emissions
- However it is durable and has post teardown uses
- One cubic meter of concrete per person per year made
- LEED builder
- Energy Star homes tend to reduce mortgage default by 32% after controlling
for many factors (lost source)
- Consider and search for green building and design companies when building new
- Home energy audits for those who are not buying new
- Do not use redwood. It will not regrow easily, because it requires an
underground colony of redwoods to grow with